nusic uses MusicBrainz - the free music encyclopedia - to find out about new releases of the artists on your phone.
No account necessary.
Please be patient on the first start of the app. It will be faster once initialized!
Note that this app is not optimized for tablets, yet. Please be patient.
This app is open source. It's brought to you for free and is manufactured by developers in their free time.
If you should encounter any errors or like to have new features, please give us the opportunity to react before giving a poor rating. Please report any issues by email (see bellow) or even better create a ticket here: https://github.com/schnatterer/nusic/issues.
Developers: You're welcome to contribute, fork us on GitHub: https://github.com/schnatterer/nusic.
What kind of permission does nusic require and why does it require them?
- Network communication, full network access: Check MusicBrainz for new releases
- Network communication, view network connections: Get notified about available connection to the Internet in order to start checking for new releases.
- Your applications information, run at startup: Schedule regular checking for new releases via the Android alarm manager
- System tools, test access to protected storage: Get the artists that are stored on the device
- Affects Battery, prevent phone from sleeping: Prevent the device from falling back to sleep while searching for new releases
- New Tabs for available and announced releases
- Bugfixes (Wrong release dates when changing timezones, error on daily refresh of releases)
Note: In order to fix the timezone problem, all releases are updated on first start of the new version.