The Election 2012 smartphone app from The New York Times is a one-stop destination for political news as it unfolds throughout the day. Get free access to the top six news stories or full access to all features with the NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps or All Digital Access subscription options.
The app’s all-new Top News section is specifically designed for following the 2012 election on your phone:
- The section is anchored by The Times’s world-class political coverage – including The Caucus blog and FiveThirtyEight – but it also brings in content from around the Web, handpicked exclusively for the app by a Times editor.
- News is grouped by topic for a quick overview of the day’s political headlines.
- The latest stories are highlighted with a red dot so you can see what’s new at a glance.
The Election Guide includes:
- Live election results and county-by-county maps
- Vote projections from Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight
- A database of polling results from a variety of organizations
- Candidate pages with updates, bios and statistics
- A primary calendar with in-depth information on each state
The app also offers:
- Editorials, op-eds and blog posts from The Times’s opinion pages
- Videos and slide shows from the campaign trail
This app works on Android smartphones running operating system version 2.2 or later.
The app is free to download and includes free access to the top six news stories. Once you download the app, you can choose to subscribe and get full access to all features. Existing subscribers to NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps or All Digital Access can simply log in to get full access to this app as part of their existing subscription.
For unlimited access to this smartphone app, subscribe for just 99¢ for your first 4 weeks.
Subscription options include:
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps
- All Digital Access (including the NYTimes news app for Android phones and tablets, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com)
Note: This Election 2012 app is NOT included with the NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps subscription. Your subscription will be renewed automatically, and you will be charged in advance of each billing cycle unless you cancel.
If you have any problems or have comments or suggestions for improving our app, please contact us at [email protected]
,call 1-800-591-9233, or find us at @NYTimesMobile on Twitter and we will do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
• NEW – Get breaking news alerts about the latest political developments, specifically tailored for readers of the Election 2012 app. You can enable Breaking News Alerts from the settings area in the app.