The New Zealand Treasury has developed this free app to enable easier access to key information on the New Zealand Government's Budgets and Treasury releases relating to the economy and Government finances.
With the NZ Budget App you can:
• Read the latest Budget’s documents, including:
- the Executive Summary
- the Minister of Finance’s Budget speech
- the Fiscal Strategy Report
- the Budget Economic and Fiscal Update
• View Budget-related messages from the Prime Minister and the Minister of Finance.
• Access Ministers’ Budget media releases.
• Be directed to other Budget documents, such as the Estimates of Appropriations, via links to the New Zealand Treasury's website and the Budget website.
• Explore different types of Government expenditure and revenue through interactive pie charts.
• Better understand where your tax dollars are being spent.
• Learn more about how the New Zealand Budget process works.
• Read the latest Monthly Economic Indicators.
• Read the latest Financial Statements of the Government.
- Improved sorting and selection of Ministers' Budget media releases - by name and portfolio.
- Additional information being displayed in the Revenue and Expenditure pie charts - $ totals and additional text prompts.
- In My Tax Dollars - select Edit to type in taxable income figures.
- Active pages remain highlighted in the menu slider.
- Bug fixes.