The New Zealand Treasury has developed this free app for use on mobile devices to enable easier access to key information on the New Zealand Government’s Budgets. With the NZ Budget App you can:
• Read the latest Budget’s documents, including:
- the Executive Summary
- the Minister of Finance’s Budget speech
- the Fiscal Strategy Report
- the Budget Economic and Fiscal Update, and
- other key facts for taxpayers.
• View Budget-related messages from the Prime Minister and the Minister of Finance.
• Access Ministers’ Budget media releases.
• Be directed to other Budget documents via links to the New Zealand Treasury’s website, for example the Estimates of Appropriations.
• Explore different types Government expenditure and revenue through interactive pie charts.
• Better understand where your tax dollars are being spent.
• Learn more about how the New Zealand Budget process works.
• Read the latest Monthly Economic Indicators.
This update provides a new user interface and design for Budget 2013. It will provide access to key Budget 2013 information to be released at 2pm on 16 May 2013. New features:
• Interactive pie charts covering Government expenditure and revenue to help users better understand the New Zealand Government’s finances
• Interactive tax calculator to help users better understand where their tax dollars are being spent
•The Treasury’s latest Monthly Economic Indicators reports have been included