"Octopus" App is the upgraded version of "OctoCheck". It is an official application developed by Octopus Cards Limited and is a free application for NFC (Near Field Communication) enabled Android mobile devices and applicable to Octopus with 9-digit Octopus number (including eight digits plus one single digit inside the bracket). This application allows you to use the following services via the Internet on your Octopus:
• Check Octopus' remaining value, latest transaction records and other information
• Make Octopus Online Payment at designated online merchants
• Conduct Incomplete transaction refund enquiry and collection
• Activate Octopus Automatic Add Value Service (AAVS)
• Receive refund and AAVS activation notification
You can check the latest list of tested mobile device models that support online payment, checking remaining value and transactions of your Octopus, and Octopus Mobile SIM at http://www.octopus.com.hk/octopus-app-phone-list-en
To improve service, we have updated the use anonymous usage statistics. You can disable the sending of information under the Settings menu by unchecking “Send usage Info”. No personally identifiable data will be collected by OCL in this application.
To understand how to use “Octopus” App for online payment, please visit http://www.octopus.com.hk/online-payment-en
You can choose if "Octopus" App should start automatically upon detecting an Octopus at the "Settings" menu in the application.
When using Octopus Mobile SIM, you can enjoy the convenience of checking the remaining value using the Home Screen widget. Please visit http://www.octopus.com.hk/sim-en for more details.
• New notification when AAVS application is approved
• New insufficient balance reminder during enquiry