A simple, no-nonsense meditation timer, trainer & helper for chanting various powerful "OM" Mantras. These time-tested Vedic Om (AUM) mantras will relax your mind and body and uplift your soul. It comes with lot of configuration options and is totally Ad-free. The wordings and meanings of all mantras are provided for your easy reference.
Om is regarded as the eternal sound. It is the sound which is there in the universe all the time. It is said to be the only sound you would hear when you go into deep meditation. OM is made of 3 sub-sounds A, U and M.
As per Mandukya Upanishad:
1) The "A" stands for the state of wakefulness, where our sense organs are active
2) The "U" stands for the dream state, in which inward experiences are available
3) The "M" represents deep sleep, when the mind is without desire
Apart from the basic Om chant, the following mantra chants are provided:
- Om Gam Ganapataye Namah (Ganesha Mantra) - Removes all obstacles, when starting a new task
- Om Namo Narayanaya - Tribute to Vishnu, the Supreme God and his avatars including Rama & Krishna
- Om Bhur Bhuva Swaha (Gayathri Mantra) - Tribute to Savitr (Sun before sunrise), the life giver
- Om Namah Shivaya - Tribute to Shiva/Mahadeva, the Supreme Destroyer
- Om Mani Padme Hum - Worshiping the Buddhist Sacred Lotus Flower
- Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya - Tribute to Krishna, Mukti (liberation) mantra
- Om Maha Mrityunjaya - Death-conquering mantra, a tribute to Rudra (Shiva)
- Om Ham Hanumate Namaha - Energy giving mantra, a tribute to Lord Hanuman
- Om Shreem Hreem (Shree Yantra / Sri Chakra Mantra) - Wealth & Prosperity giving tribute to Mahalaxmi
- Om Purnam Adah (Shanti Mantra) - Mantra for Peace
- Sarawathi Mantra - Wisdom Mantra
- Durga Mantra - Power Mantra
- Maha Mantra - Hare Krishna Hare Rama
- Om Saha Navavatu
If you are new to meditation, instructions are provided for a 108 chants meditation routine. Why not make meditation as part of your daily routine and achieve inner peace? If you already meditate, you can use this as a simple time ticker.
- Play various Om/Aum mantra chant endlessly
- Pauses chant on receiving phone calls
- Lots of configuration options
- NO Ads, NO Permissions!
- Small size & SD Card install
- Runs in the background and does not drain your battery
Om/Aum has great spiritual significance in Hinduism, Buddhism & Jainism. It is also considered to have great healing powers. Regular Om chanting can help you overcome depression, loneliness, insomnia (sleep disorders) & stress. It could also help you quit bad habits like smoking, drugs or alcoholism by strengthening your mind.
This tool can help those who are familiar with various forms of meditations including Vipassana (Mindfulness), Zen/ZaZen, Vedanta (Transcendental), Taoist Qi gong, Reiki, Sparsh, Hindu Dharma (Indian), Chakra, Kundalini, Yoga and Pranayama.
This tool can also be used to play the auspicious Om sound in the background during pujas (prayers), archanas (offerings to God), aarti, stuti and other religious ceremonies.
More on OM and it's Significance
Different sounds have different effects on human psyche. The sacred utterances (chants) of Sanskrit Mantras provide us with the power to attain our goals and lift ourselves to a higher level of consciousness. They give us the power to cure diseases; ward off evils; gain wealth; acquire supernatural powers; worship a deity for exalted communion and for attaining blissful state and attain liberation.
Every Mantra in the Vedas begin with Om or Aum - the primordial sound, the sound that is said to have its origins at the time of the creation of the cosmos (the Big Bang).
Daily chanting of Om or just playing it in your home can improve your concentration, good luck and good health. Even after you switch off the Om chants, it keeps playing in your mind and sustains the peace!
Minor bug fixes
- 2 new mantras added - Maha Mantra and Om Saha Navavatu.
- Cumulative chant totals tracking across sessions.
- Now change the background color!
- Volume of chant tracks increased.
- Better support for Hindi wordings.
- New Hide Mantra interface.
- Now specify the volume to be set at start.
- Improved Settings interface.
- Various usability improvements.