Want to read comic books or mangas on your android tablet? Give Open Comic Reader a try. It’s a new open source project built around the goal of creating a great comic reading experience without the lag, the cost nor the Ads.
Thanks to github, you are able to communicate back with the developer with bugs that you may find and even request new features that you think would make Open Comic Reader 10x better. Or give some of your time to contribute code to the project.
Project Homepage : https://github.com/sketchpunk/opencomicreader
Submit Bugs/Requests : https://github.com/sketchpunk/opencomicreader/issues
* NO ADs... EVER.
* Bar minimum permissions
* Opens ZIP/CBZ, RAR/CBR and Image Folders.
* Save reading progress and resume last read page
* Page preloading
* Choose to read from Left -> Right or Right -> Left
* Side taps on the screen to progress through the pages
* Comic library with grid of covers that can be customized
* Pinch to zoom comic pages (one finger zoom, tap and hold to activate)
* Double tap to zoom in, do it again to reset.
* Two folders can be selected to sync comics from
* Tap the left or Right side of a page for next/prev, Or Swipe from edge
* Library Filtering
* Group issues by Series, can even edit series
* ComicRack Meta Data support for Folders and Zip/Cbz
CHANGE LOG : 0.3 beta
- The whole viewing aspect has been rewritten, loading, caching, displaying, and gestures.
- New One finger zoom, just tap and hold for a second then it will activate.
- Menu now pops up with a 2 finger tap
- Android 4.4 Immersion mode is working well now.
- Flicking used to screw up panning, now you can pan but you need to flick from the edges for prev/next
- Tap on the edges for prev/next but if not zoomed out, it will scroll around the page till the end GREAT FOR PHONES!