The ultimate Google TV launcher. The Open Launcher app is an alternative to the default home launcher app provided by Google TV.
The user interface consists of rows of your favorite apps which you can customize. It also includes a special row at the bottom for the most recent apps launched.
- More room for organizing your favorite apps
- Support for grouping of apps, web apps, channels and web sites
- Quick access to recent apps
- Supports fast D-pad navigation
- Overlay design that displays more of live TV
- Direct access to browser bookmarks and history
- Direct access to Spotlight web apps
- Displays current weather (USA only)
- Various customizable settings
- Change wallpaper
- To add an app: Use the D-pad arrow keys to select any row other than the "Recent Apps" row. Press Menu and select "Add App". You can select the current row or enter the name for a new row. Then select the app you want to add.
- To add a Spotlight web app: Select any row other than the "Recent Apps" row. Press Menu and select "Add Spotlight Web App". You can select the current row or enter the name for a new row. Then select the web app you want to add.
- To add a TV channel as a favorite (Google TV only provides channel data for USA): Go to live TV, press Menu, select Save and then "Add channel to home screen". Type in the channel number or name. Select the channel from the list and press OK.
- To add a web site as a favorite: Load the site in the Chrome browser. Press Menu, select Save and then "Add to home screen". Confirm the web site details and select the OK button.
- To add a web site to bookmarks: Add bookmark in Chrome and then use Bookmarks app.
- To uninstall an app: Select All Apps, then long click on the app you want to uninstall.
- To use a personal photo as the wallpaper: Launch the Photos app and view the photo fullscreen. Press the Menu button and select "Set as wallpaper".
- Widgets are not supported.
- The icons provided by Google TV for bookmarks and for TV channel icons are low-res. In some cases, TV channels have generic icons.
Get Tasks - needed to determine which recent apps have been launched.
Read History Bookmarks - to provide quick access to browser bookmarks.
Expand Status Bar - to display notifications.
Course Location - to determine zip code for weather data.
Internet - to download weather data.
External storage - to cache images
Wallpaper - to change the system wallpaper
The code for this app is open sourced at: https://github.com/entertailion/Open-Launcher-for-GTV
Please email us at [email protected]
; we cannot reply to comments or Android error reports and many reported problems require that we ask for more details in order to fix.