OpenKeychain helps you communicate more privately and securely. It uses high-quality modern encryption to ensure that your messages can be read only by the people you send them to, others can send you messages that only you can read, and these messages can be digitally signed so the people getting them are sure who sent them. OpenKeychain is based on the well established OpenPGP standard (also referred to as PGP, GPG, or GnuPG) making encryption compatible across your devices and operating systems.
Modern encryption is based on digital “keys”. OpenKeychain stores and manages your keys, and those of the people you communicate with, on your Android. It also helps you find others’ keys online, and interchange keys by touching devices. But its most frequent use is in using those keys to encrypt and decrypt messages.
OpenKeychain integrates with
• K-9 Mail
• and many more…
OpenKeychain is designed to be trustworthy. It’s Free Software with no secrets; anyone can examine and validate every bit of it.
• Identity: Pre-fill name and email addresses
• Contacts: Connect keys to your contacts (only offline)
• Photos/Media/Files: Import/export keys from SD card
• Camera: Scan QR Codes to add other people's keys
• Others: Internet permission to retrieve keys, NFC permission to use YubiKeys
Because OpenKeychain is Free Software, anyone can validate that the permissions are indeed only required for the listed features.
* New decryption screen
* Decryption of multiple files at once
* Better handling of YubiKey errors