This app offer an easy way to configure and use the well known OpenVPN.
There is not needed to have the root access, because the VPN tun device is handled with the VpnService API introduced with Android 4.0 (ICS).
Not affected by TLS heartbeat read overrun (CVE-2014-0160)
* App filter (Require Android >= 5.0)
* Import/export openvpn configuration
* Import pem, der, pkcs12 cetfificate formats
* Support for certificates in KeyChain
* IPv6 support
* Support for HTTP/SOCKS proxies
* Support for customized HTTP headers
* Backup/restore configuration
Some hints to test the app:
* To import a openvpn configuration file, copy the ovpn file on the device memory and put in the same folder any external certificates/keys files. Then start the app and tap on the icon in the upper right corner. After the import, the files can be deleted.
* If something goes wrong, check the log. You can see the log by tapping on the vpn name, and so on the LOG tab.
* If the log has errors like "ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP" or "Tun device open exception: java.lang.NullPointerException", please try to reboot the device.
* If you have the access on the server side, check the log also on this side.
* Maybe your configuration is not compatible with the last version of openvpn, so try to set the option "Use old stable OpenVPN 2.3.2" in the "Options" section.
* If you cannot resolve the troubles, please send me a e-mail to [email protected]
, I will contact you at soon as possible and I will help you to solve the problem.
Take a look to this video sent me from a enthusiast user...
Thank you Robert!
The new app filter feature can be used only on Android versions greater or equal than 5.0 (Lollipop). This feature allow to choose which apps are allowed to use the vpn. The apps not allowed will use networking as if the VPN wasn't running.
This free version has some advertising and doesn't has the following features:
* Tap device support
* Auto connect on connectivity up/down
* Tasker/Locale plugin
If you want also these features, you can buy the full version.
* Fix: the proxy authentication could not work correctly.
* New options "Set HTTP Host header" and "Set HTTP custom header" in the "Remote servers" section. These options allow to customize the headers sent to the HTTP proxy.
* New option "Not route the local network" in the "Routing" section. This option recalculate the routes to exclude the local subnet
* Updated openssl to 1.0.2
* Fix: the key-direction option could be ignored
* Fix: import ovpn file with the pkcs12 option