Openvpn for Android is an open source client based on the open source OpenVPN project.
It uses the VPNService API of Android 4.0+ and requires neither Jailbreak nor root on your Telephone.
- OpenVPN is a client software to connect to an OpenVPN server and not a free VPN software. It allows to your own/company/university/provider OpenVPN server.
- Only tun mode support (Sorry no tap, with Android 4.0 only tun can be supported).
- permissions: this app ask implements a feature to import OpenVPN profiles from the SDCard/internal memory. Google categorizes this access "accessing your media and photos"
- Prerelease versions available by joining G+ group: https://plus.google.com/communities/114121831091105660092
If you want to help to translate OpenVPN into your native language look at the homepage of this project.
Please report bug/suggestions via email or at the code Google Code project. But please read the FAQ before writing me.
OpenSSL Heartbleed: OpenVPN for Android uses its own non vulnerable OpenSSL version. For more details about OpenVPN and Heartbleed see: https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/heartbleed
- (0.6.44) Fix lz4 compression bug
- (0.6.43) Fix show config dialog
- Implement Android M permission system
- Update OpenSSL to 1.0.2d
- Fix connection list changing values
- Fix config export
- Fix running on 64bit devices that prefer running 32 libraries (One+ Two)
- Implement better connect-timeout logic and expose it in the UI
- Implement compression format v2
- Drop snappy compression format