Now you can use select Android smartphones as an extra TV for your home. Just connect to the app through your Optimum home network to view live TV on your right on your phone. You can also watch On Demand programs, or even use your device as a remote control to search and record TV shows to your DVR or Multi-Room DVR.
Visit optimum.net/app for more information and a full list of supported devices.
And don’t worry if your Android device isn’t supported yet. We are working to add more devices to this app every day. In the meantime, download the Optimum DVR Manager so you can set your DVR or Multi-Room DVR recordings from anywhere you are.
Optimum App Features:
Live TV and On Demand
• Watch all of your channels live
• Quickly access “What’s On Now”
• Use the in-app keypad to tune directly to the channel you want
• Browse Movies On Demand, Free On Demand, and Subscription On Demand categories
• Get a list of more titles like the one you have highlighted
• Get recommendations of programs we think you’d enjoy
• Rate programs and movies for better recommendations
• Filter the On Demand menus to show free titles, only titles that are available to you as part of your premium subscriptions, or “Last Chance” titles that are only available for a limited time
• Watch Free On Demand and Subscription On Demand programs
• Watch other On Demand content from your Active Rentals
• Add titles to your cart for viewing on any of your devices or digital cable boxes
• Full parental controls capability to control viewing of content on the app
• Browse TV listings for your area
• Highlight a program and see other times the program might be on
• Get a list of more shows like the one you have highlighted
• If you missed a show, go up to 2 hours in the PAST to select it and find other times in the future it might be on and schedule a DVR or Multi-Room DVR recording, or go back even further to find On Demand content for the highlighted network
• Mark your favorite channels
• Filter TV listings to show just your favorite channels, HD channels only, or just the channels you’re subscribed to
• Use your device as a remote control and control your digital cable boxes.
• Schedule recordings
• View your scheduled and recorded lists
• Delete recordings
• Supports Multi-Room DVR
• Search by keyword, title, cast, subject or category
• Ability to filter results on what’s on now, TV, On Demand, DVR or Multi-Room DVR
Optimum WiFi Auto Registration
• Optional feature that allows customers to register their mobile devices for automatic sign-in to any of our Optimum Wi-Fi hotspots
*** Live TV, On Demand and DVR access is only available to Optimum customers with digital cable boxes..
*** Live TV channels, On Demand and DVR are matched to the user’s existing video subscription service.
*** Parental controls work the same as on a digital cable box and must be set specifically within the app in order to block programming.
*** Closed captioning is available – see “Settings” within the app.
*** Pay-Per-View, digital music, and interactive channels are not available in the app at this time.
• Ability to stream On Demand content requires at least one (1) digital cable box on the account
• Management of DVR or Multi-Room DVR currently requires subscription to Optimum Online
• Please visit http://www.optimum.net/Terms/OptimumApp to review the full terms of service
• Android device list (provided separately)
• Optimum-provided modem
• Wireless home network with secure router (Wireless B or above)
New recording options for Multi-room and Single-room DVR
• Options “Until I delete” and “Until space is needed” are available when scheduling multiple episodes (Multi-room DVR only)
• Single episode recordings can now be extended by 2 or 3 hours after the program has ended (Multi-Room DVR only)
• Option to record multiple episodes of a program at a specific time and day (Multi-Room and Single-room DVR)
Grouped Search results now identified by a folder icon
Improved video streaming performance