No more purse-dialing or accidental calls! This app gives you a chance to confirm any outgoing calls before they are dialed. Shows you the contact name (if a contact) and the number being called. This app is ad-supported.
For support and/or ideas, suggestions (flames!) etc. please email me at:[email protected]
A Million Thanks to all the reviewers for their comments!
I am always happy to implement new stuff and help with problems ... enjoy your app!
- Setting to Vibrate and/or play a tone when making an outgoing call.
- App can be disabled temporarily without the need to uninstall and re-install.
- Auto-detect bluetooth headset devices. When a BT Headset is connected the confirm dialog does not come up.
- Intercepted calls are recorded in a separate call log (press Menu to clear the log).
- 30-Second Timeout (the call will be aborted automatically if you do not confirm within 30 seconds)
- Option to exclude selected contacts
- Option to show only the phone number (works faster if you have many contacts)
- Shake-to-Confirm (new option)
About the Permissions
This app requires these permissions to operate (and why):
- Process Outgoing Calls. Needed to intercept the outgoing call before it is dialed
- Calling a number. This permission, together with reading and modifying the phone state, are needed because the only way to implement the Call Intercept feature is to actually abort the outgoing call first, then ask for your permission, and then re-dial the same number (if approved).
- Internet Access. Needed because the app is ad-supported.
- Read Contacts. This permission is used to check the phone number being dialed against your contact list. If the number is a contact the message will tell you the name of the person you are calling. Your contacts are not used for any other purpose.
- Bluetooth. Needed to auto-detect when a bluetooth device is in use.
Tags: call confirm, call confirmation, purse dialing, pocket dialing, call intercept, outgoing calls
Added Shake-to-Confirm (Shake the phone instead of answering yes or no). There is a new option in the preferences to enable shake to confirm (it is off by default).
Please leave the app in auto-update, I will be posting an upgrade soon to implement a PIN and pattern (optional) so that you can lock your phone from making calls unless you enter the PIN.
- Fixed problem that was preventing the app from exiting the main menu
- Made Shake-to-Confirm less sensitive
- Fixed some issues with Bluetooth