Overlays is an advanced multitasking tool that floats your widgets everywhere.
Try it, it'll float your boat!
Add and organize your Overlays in Global profiles and use them whenever you want, regardless to what application you're currently using.
You can control your profiles in multiple ways:
1. Sidebar - swipe the left or right side of your screen to reveal our sidebar and toggle your profiles.
2. Application - show your profiles only when a specific application is running.
3. Events* - trigger your profiles on event occurrence, for example - automatically float your music player widget when you plug your headset.
4. Shortcuts - add Overlays shortcuts to your home launcher to spare some room!
5. Always On - If you wish to float a Global profile everywhere and all the time, just set it to Always On (tap its row to toggle).
* 8 Events are currently supported - Incoming and Outgoing call, WiFi and Bluetooth state, Device docked, Headset plugged, USB connected and Airplane mode.
Global profiles contains Overlays, but what are Overlays?
Basically, everything that floats. Your widgets, shortcuts and our in-app unique overlays (Battery, Weather, Clock, Missed calls and Unread messages).
- Long press any overlay, anywhere, to enter edit mode, where you'll be able to move, delete, re-size and configure the overlay.
- Set a different size and position for each overlay per screen orientation, portrait and landscape.
- Change any overlay's background color, visibility and other settings.
- Show the overlay only in required orientation.
Overlays tries to maximize automation and to allow you full control.
In order to do so, some permissions are required.
Please follow the link and read why we need each permission.
Ready for more features and want to support further development? Please consider Overlays Pro.
Help and Information
- Translations - Overlays is partially translated to German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, French and Hebrew. Version 2.0 requires re-translation. If you wish to help us, please contact us at [email protected]
- Need help to getting started? Want to share a cool use you found for Overlays? Join our Google+ community at https://plus.google.com/communities/117440369030793059494
- Tutorials - http://applay.co
We're putting together a list of productive things you can do with Overlays. If you have a nice usage, please feel in this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vO8EwwCdqQbJinh6s64MYRFJq1SBwRksRew-8GuCh1o/viewform?usp=send_form . Contact us if you think the form is missing fields.
Sorry for the inconvenience! Should work as expected now. If you still experience issues, please contact me at [email protected]
* [Fixed] - Application profiles issue.
* [Added] - Disable press profile row to toggle state settings.
* Bug fixes per your reports. Thanks!
Overlays 2.0 includes too many changes.
Please read at http://www.applay.co/changelog/
Be sure to check out our permissions explained section as well - http://www.applay.co/permissions/