First of all some considerations before going on:
• the app needs a rooted device
• the app is now working with Marshmallow (rooted with the latest *BETA* of SuperSU)
• the app is now working with Lollipop
• if you find something which seems broken, please contact us ([email protected]
) before posting a negative feedback. We can fix things, really we do!
The app is a DNS changer for mobile and Wi-Fi networks which works from Android version 4.3 (Jelly Bean).
The app was born to change DNS on KitKat, but from version 3.0.0 it has been ported to Android 5.0 Lollipop
(see below) and from version 1.3.0 it has been backported to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean MR2
.With this software you can
• Bypass internet censorship
when based upon DNS blocking.
• Overcome an Android limitation
: there's no system setting to change mobile DNS.
• Speed up internet connection
. You can find many articles on the web which show various benchmarks of Domain Name Servers performances and how they affect your navigation (your mileage may vary).
• Keep in sync mobile and Wi-Fi DNS
in fact from v1.2.0 the app can handle Wi-Fi connections, too.Features
• Automatic DNS change when a mobile connection gets activated (can be disabled).
• Automatic DNS change when a Wi-Fi connection gets activated (can be disabled).
• Automatic DNS change when an ethernet connection gets activated (can be disabled).
• Wi-Fi filter based on SSID, so you can automatically apply DNS only to certain connections (can be disabled).
• Custom DNS values.
• Almost zero memory and CPU usage, because it's not a service.
• Notifications let you know that the app is working (can be disabled).
• Automatic DNS flush without need to restart the device.
• DashClock integration, to keep an eye on the DNS in use.
• It comes prepacked with the most common DNS services.
• Simple and clean interface, Holo styled.
• Ad free.
• Works on Lollipop, KitKat and Jelly Bean.Known issues
• does not fully support multiple active connections (i.e. tethering or Wi-Fi AP): you can exclude one network device from the advanced settings
• horizontal layout is still awful.Some references
• inspired by setDNS
Support for CM13 nightly
Support for Marshmallow (with latest BETA of SuperSU)
Support for seSuperuser