Just to be clear: NEEDS ROOT
First of all some considerations before going on:
• the app needs a rooted device
• the app is now working with Marshmallow (if it fails, try the latest *BETA* of SuperSU!)
• support of DNS on non standard ports is in testing (after you buy the app, you can become a beta tester)
• if you find something which seems broken, please contact us ([email protected]
) before posting a negative feedback. We can fix things, really we do!
The app is a DNS changer for mobile and Wi-Fi networks which works from Android version 4.3 (Jelly Bean).
The app was born to change DNS on KitKat, but it has been ported to Lollipop
. From version 1.3.0 it has been backported to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean MR2
, too.With this software you can
• Bypass internet censorship
when based upon DNS blocking.
• Overcome an Android limitation
: there's no system setting to change mobile DNS.
• Speed up internet connection
. You can find many articles on the web which show various benchmarks of Domain Name Servers performances and how they affect your navigation (your mileage may vary).
• Keep in sync mobile and Wi-Fi DNS
in fact from v1.2.0 the app can handle Wi-Fi connections, too.Features
• Automatic DNS change when a mobile connection gets activated (can be disabled).
• Automatic DNS change when a Wi-Fi connection gets activated (can be disabled).
• Automatic DNS change when an ethernet connection gets activated (can be disabled).
• Wi-Fi filter based on SSID, so you can automatically apply DNS only to certain connections (can be disabled).
• Custom DNS values.
• Almost zero memory and CPU usage, because it's not a service.
• Notifications let you know that the app is working (can be disabled).
• Automatic DNS flush without need to restart the device.
• DashClock integration, to keep an eye on the DNS in use.
• It comes prepacked with the most common DNS services.
• Simple and clean interface (Holo for KitKat, Material for Lollipop+)
• Ad free.
• Works on Marshmallow, Lollipop, KitKat and Jelly Bean.Known issues
• does not fully support multiple active connections (i.e. tethering or Wi-Fi AP): you can exclude one network device from the advanced settings
• horizontal layout is still awful.Some references
• inspired by setDNS
+ Make everything faster
+ New feature: the app can use DNS servers listening on alternate ports (ur0011)
+ New feature: the app can now be activated as a Device Administrator (ur0020)
+ New feature: auto clear notification (ur0031)
+ New feature: custom notification priority (ur0032)
+ iptables fix for Umi Touch
(full changelog will be published here http://blog.mx17.net/2016/05/02/override-dns-new-release-5-1-0/)