Electronic consumer guide is a mobile application provided by the Public Authority for Consumer Protection (PACP – Oman) to serve all consumers and merchants in the Sultanate of Oman. This application is tool created by the Public Authority to bridge the gap between them and the consumers to be able to exchange data and information. The program provides consumer data and information on consumer goods and enabling consumers to create favorite carts to see prices variance in several stores of the Sultanate or providing advice and guidance or news that highlight the roles of the Public Authority towards the service and consumer protection. The application is also one of the channels through which the consumer can submit their complaints or views to PACP Oman.
The App has new design layout with the following list of new features.
1) Bar Code Scanning to check Prices
2) Management, planning and organizing monthly expense: Provides facility for the users to create their own monthly expense planner.
3) Share a basket of items between family members
4) Push notifications for Recalls, Warning and Advices
5) Navigating user to the nearest retail outlet selling a product
6) International and GCC commodity items Prices checker.
7) Improved Price Checker