If the app crashes immediately on start, try to Stop GooglePlayServices in the Application Manager and restart your device.
Otherwise feel free to drop me an email.
Powerful, easy to use app especially for (powered) paragliders which can even be operated while wearing gloves (see below for details).
Paraglider Dashboard calculates wind speed and wind direction while in the air.
Display of wind triangle, tachometer, map with airspaces, variometer and more.
All important flight data is constantly shown in the info boxes.
Slide through the following Views:
* Map with airspaces and track
* Speed vectors (basis of wind calculation)
* Overview with all views
* Infoboxes with all important flight data
* GPS based Variometer (optional)
* Show past flights in a logbook
* Calculate wind triangle for different wind situations
* Set destination in map by simple long touch or select from a waypoint list
* Display of arrival time at destination taking current wind into account.
* Load airspaces in OpenAir format
* Save track as (unsigned) IGC-file
* Build-in help pages
* Simulation mode to replay IGC-files
* Metric and imperial units
* Altitude display in meter, feet or both alternating
With glove control switched on, you can control the app without using the touch screen (e.g. while wearing gloves).
A menu which is controlled by the proximity sensor allows this trick.
Just hovering the hand over the device lets the menu pop up and scroll through the available functions.
When releasing the hand again, the currently highlighted function is executed.
Why are the permissions needed:
* GPS Location: Now, that's obviously needed.
* Prevent from sleeping: Device should not switch off in midair.
* Internet access: Needed exclusively for Google Maps.
* USB storage: For saving IGC-files when closing app.
About the author:
I am flying a powered paraglider and developed this app tailored to my own needs. Feel free to contact me, if you have ideas for improvements or enhancements.
- Vario uses internal or external barometric pressure sensors
- Fix: Flightbook could not be started on some devices
- Some minor bug fixes
- Detect landing when writing IGC-file
- High contrast mode
- Combined map and altitude chart in flight book
Please note: Integrating new Google Map Version was a big redesign. Please report all bugs in order to help me reach the previous quality.