The latest – improved* - update of the award-winning** ParkRight app that helps you finds a place to park in London’s West End. ***Update fixes white-screen issue when attempting to pay***
Fed up with looking for available parking in the heart of London? ParkRight is the app to help you ‘Find the Gap’.
Infra-red sensors have now been switched on in more than 3,000 paid-for and disabled parking on-street parking bays across London’s West End. Using a simple red, amber and green system, the ParkRight app provides users with real time information (updated every minute) on where they are most likely to find an available space. ParkRight can even interact with most sat-nav apps, directing motorists to their chosen location.
(The app also shows motorists locations of resident parking, taxi-parking and motorcycle bays. In all, this ParkRight app - developed by Parkopedia for the City of Westminster - provides over 41,000 on and off-street parking spaces covering the whole borough, including well known locations such as Leicester Square, Covent Garden, the West End and Oxford Street.)
ParkRight is the only app providing you ‘real time’ parking availability in the West End and the ability to pay for on-street parking across the City of Westminster.
(** 2014 British Parking Awards Parking Technology Award, 2013 Tech Success Innovation Award, 2013 Global Business Excellence Outstanding App Award.)
WHAT CAN IT DO?
By simply tapping a map marker you will be able to see the number of spaces at each location, the operating hours of a bay, hourly tariffs, simple payment instructions and specific features for off-street car parks.
Find parking spaces by entering an address, postcode or using your current location. See alternative parking places near your preferred destination and get directions to your selected parking location.
- Search across 41,000 parking spaces across the City of Westminster
- Filter to identify the types of bays you are interested in
- Find parking based on your current location (within the City of Westminster)
- Discover parking locations close to your desired location
- Get directions and use turn by turn guidance to get you to your destination
- See off-street parking locations
- Sharing of parking location details via email, SMS, messaging
- Sort results based on what’s relevant to you – price, distance, name, rating…
- Rate the parking locations to help other users find parking
- Ability to store favourites
To use ParkRight you will need a data connection to operate, WiFi or 3/4G.
For more information go to http://www.westminster.gov.uk/baysensorparking
- Changes to the home screen giving a more obvious pay to park button
- You can now enter a parking location code to go directly to pay for parking
- Entering a parking location code in the search box no longer brings up postcode suggestions
- Now retains login details when paying to park
- Pay for and manage your parking sessions
- Dynamic price calculation based on you time of arrival and length of stay
- Real time availability information for over 3000 parking bays