This application is developed as a supplemental tool to CeLCAR’s Pashto Elementary Textbook for tablet devices only. All of the interactive activities are designed to help beginning Pashto learners start reading and writing in Pashto, which uses Arabic script and consists of 44 letters, more quickly and easily than traditional teaching methods alone.
The main objective of this app is to teach Pashto script and includes the following features:
1. Teaches the pronunciation of each letter of the alphabet and provides an associated vocabulary item; e.g., “A” as in apple
2. Provides a range of opportunities for users to practice reading and writing
3. Trains users to recognize the various shapes of the letters in context
4. Teaches the various forms of the Pashto script through authentic video recordings
5. Tests the user’s listening comprehension skills