Enjoy hours of outdoor fun with PathAway guiding, and tracking your way! Mark points of interest, with details or photos at those special spots along your route! Navigate with free online maps that are downloaded on-the-fly and are cached on the device so they're available when there is no data coverage.
Never get lost again, and track your route so you can explore it again. Whatever your outdoor adventure is you can use maps that will guide you, and track where you are so you can easily get home, or use this route again on your next trip out.
*** Now includes Weather Forecast overlay maps! ***
This is a new feature to overlay weather maps onto existing maps and charts. A free sample is included showing low resolution 12 hour Wind, Precipitation, and Temperature. Paid Premium subscription can be purchased in the App.
LE Edition does NOT include support for importing your own customized maps (.prc). Upgrade to PathAway Express Edition or higher for PathAway map file support.
PathAway's powerful feature-set makes it useful for backcounty and outdoor adventure or any outdoor GPS activity such as aviation, boating, off-road driving, hiking, cycling, touring, Geocaching, rally racing, motorcycle touring, running and athletic training, ballooning, fishing, hunting, paragliding, mountain climbing, ultra-light flying, canoeing, snowmobiling or any application where location is important.
- Tried and tested software base developed with user feedback over the last 14 years on many different mobile device platforms;
- Use online maps from Google maps, OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMap (Topo), USGS Topos and aerials, FAA USA Aviation charts, ArcGIS World and USA Topographic, Natural Resources Canada topographic maps;
- Maps are cached for off-line use when connectivity is not available;
- Log your travels for later analysis, or use as a route to follow next time out.
- track in the background while using other applications.
- Pause and continue track timer for precision timing;
- One touch "BackTrack" feature to find your way home after recording your way out;
- Store as many Track logs as you like for use later.
- Capture points, describe by name, icon, description, photo from gallery or camera;
- Over 100 icons to choose from;
- Manage and Edit Points;
- Organize your points by creating multiple Points Databases;
- Navigate directly to a single point or follow multi-point routes;
- Create navigational routes simply by marking the route on the map;
- Alarms to notify you when you've strayed off your route, or nearing a marked point;
- Auto Rotate maps to direction of travel;
- Uses built-in magnetic compass for slow speed directional location. Great for Geocaching when you’re trying to pin-point a cache;
- View navigational information on the dashboard;
- Just want the arrow pointing you which way to go? Use the Compass View.
- Import/Export trails or geocaching info in most common formats (GPX, KML, KMZ)
Also Available as In-App Purchase:
*** PathAway Express Edition:
Import or create your own maps using our free Map Manager, or third-party Desktop Mapping Software.
Get maps from web sites, CD-ROM, scanned, or photographed. Import Worldfile, JPR, GeoTiff, or any bitmap image. Display BSB/KAP maps without conversion.
*** PathAway Professional Edition:
- 2-way wireless remote location tracking. See where others are, share your location, or send to a central tracking service.
- elevation/speed profile map.
- UI Customizations: multi-folder support, route and track lines styles, position marker styles, show multiple tracks, routes on the map at the same time.
Release Version 5.81.03.05 - Jul 6 2014
- Added: Bug Fixes
Release Version 5.81.02.01 - Jun 2 2014
- Added: Theyr Weather Forecast overlay maps. This is a new subscription based feature to overlay weather maps onto existing maps and charts. A free sample is included showing low resolution 12 hour Wind, Precipitation, and Temperature. Paid Premium subscription can be purchased in the App.
- Added: Magnetic Heading option - Settings-General.
- Bug Fixes.