Take control of access to your private data by the applications you install. The user has a right for using any application without worrying about their privacy.
ROOT is required to install. You will need to flash an (open-source) PDroid patch. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1357056 for download and more info. Currently only supports Gingerbread (more to come).
An automatic ROM patcher for Windows is now available for download at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1357056. Direct download: http://goo.gl/oztqS.
Consider contacting me by e-mail or on the XDA forums before leaving negative feedback. If you have any issues, I will be glad to help.
What does this app do?
PDroid allows you to block access to the following private data for any application regardless of its permissions:
- Device ID (IMEI/MEID/ESN)
- Subscriber ID (IMSI)
- SIM serial (ICCID)
- Phone and mailbox number
- Incoming call number
- Outgoing call number
- GPS location
- Network location
- List of accounts (including your google e-mail address)
- Account auth tokens
- Call logs
- Browser bookmarks and history
- System logs
- SIM info (operator, country)
- Network info (operator, country)
For device ID, phone and mailbox number, SIM serial, subscriber ID and device location it also allows supplying custom or random values.
Why use this instead of another permission blocking app?
- Applications do NOT crash when access to private data is blocked
- Fine-grained tuning of access to private data
- No background service needed
- Very small memory usage
- No impact on battery life
- No impact on performance
- 100% reliable unlike ROOT applications
- No ROOT required for the app to run
- No Android permissions required for the app to run
- Configurable notifications on private data access
* Re-designed permission settings UI for a better overview
* Backup to SD card does not need ROOT anymore (added WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission for this)
* Minor bugfixes
* Bug hotfix
* Fixed many bugs
* Improved stability and responsiveness
* Added privacy settings backup and restore functionality
* Fixed an issue where the application list would always jump to the top after editing application settings