The mountains are calling! Explore more mountains than any mountaineer! PeakFinder makes it possible... and shows the names of all mountains and peaks with a 360° Panorama display.
This functions completely offline - and everywhere!
••• Features •••
- Fast rendering of the surrounding landscapes in a range of up to 300 km
- Smooth scrolling and zooming
- Digital binoculars to select less prominent peaks
- Covers the complete area of the Canada west including British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Southeast of Alaska, NW Territories... (see Screenshot 3 - Alaska is just partly included)
- Includes more than 12,000 peak names
- Uses GPS to get your current location
- Maps (online) for view point selection
- Dialog for entering coordinates manually (useful for iPods)
- 'Show me'-function for visible peaks
- Supports integrated compass and accelerometer
••• User comments •••
“Super easy handling, super smooth views and excellent user interface. I love hopping to my favorite mountains and enjoy the panorama, while being there or hundreds of miles away”
••• Ratings •••
Every good rating in Google Play (including those following updates) makes me happy. The positive ratings and reviews make it possible for me to continue to improve the app for you. Many thanks!
••• Support •••
In case of questions, problems, mistakes, missing mountain names and ideas for future expansion, I am happy to help you. Please write to [email protected]
••• Remarks •••
Check out also the versions 'USA West and 'USA East'.
PeakFinder will download the elevation model first. Please make sure you have enough free space (96MB!) left.
PeakFinder 2.0: The best PeakFinder of all time is there.
- Purists: A fresh and stylish new user interface
- Playful people: 'Digital Binoculars' to discover any peak name
- High-flyers: A panorama can be marvelled at from far above the earth's surface
- Discoverers: All visible mountains can be shown via a ‘Show me’ function
- Communicators: Panoramas can be exported to www.peakfinder.org as PDFs and linked to
V2.0.4: Better support for LDPI devices, Google Maps V2, Bug fixes