Phoenix Launcher is your choice in home screen replacements if you want some look and feel of the Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System, running your device under the Gingerbread firmware or even Android 4. The full version of the Launcher gives you nice animations for both workspace screens and the app drawer, it supports scrollable widgets, editable dock bar apps and a lot of configuration settings - to tell you only a few highlights. Install the Launcher to your system - you can easy get a refund if this app isnt the one for you, if it's not running as you expected or for other reasons: Google lets you cancel the purchase process within the first 15 minutes, or we can refund the amount paid if you contact us - so try it out!
- Choice between 3,5,7 or 9 workspaces
- Set your favorite workspace as default
- Enable/Disable wallpaper scroll
- Choice between 2 hardware home key actions (workspace overview and "snap to default workspace")
- Show or hide the workspace indicator
- Enable or disable icon text backgrounds
- ability to change dockbar style up to 9 different styles
- Included all Android 4 image wallpapers
- Workspace Folder support
- Support for workspace shortcuts
- Scrollable widget support
- Supports workspace lock (makes scrollable widgets more stable by disabling long click)
- Editable dock apps
- Endless workspace scroll
- 9 animation transitions for both workspaces and app drawer
- Enabled for LDPI, MDPI, HDPI and XHDPI devices
- App drawer floating menus as in ICS
- Manage all running processes directly from the app drawer
THIS APPLICATION IS INTEND TO BE USED ON A ROOTED DEVICE.
If you have downloaded this application, open a root file explorer or the ADB shell
and move the app to /system/app BEFORE you start the launcher the first time! Otherwise
you cant use widgets shown in the Application drawer. Its required because of a general
permission in the Android operating system, this can never be fixed by me!
Make sure, your system partition is mounted in read/write mode when moving the app!
USING THE LAUNCHER ON NON ROOTED DEVICES
If you want to use the launcher on a non rooted device, you only can add widgets to
a workspace through the standard Android widget picker dialog. You cant add widgets
through the tab "WIDGETS" in the app drawer.
If you get Force Close errors the first time you start the launcher, try to set the
permission for /data/dalvik-cache to 777, this fixes the first time start error.
What's coming up in the next releases?
- support for tablet devices
- support for landscape mode
- workspace and app drawer transitions
- theming through installed applications instead static themes
- fixed more exceptions
- added more transitions
- fixed animations on large devices (HDPI,XHDPI)