Phonics Advanced First Grade is a comprehensive, educational, low-cost app based on the Common Core Foundational Skills. It is written by teachers, for teachers, and can used in the classroom, integrating easily into lesson preparation. Parents can use the app to help a child keep up or catch up with their peers. The Check Yourself section will identify a student’s individual needs.
The Common Core Foundational Skills for 1st Grade includes:
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
a. Know the spelling-sound correspondences for common consonant digraphs.
b. Decode regularly spelled one-syllable words.
c. Know final -e and common vowel team conventions for representing long vowel
d. Use knowledge that every syllable must have a vowel sound to determine the number of syllables in a printed word.
e. Decode two-syllable words following basic patterns by breaking the words into syllables.
f. Read words with inflectional endings.
g. Recognize and read grade-appropriate irregularly spelled words.
All of these skills are taught and practiced in the Phonics Advanced App. The check yourself section allows the parent or teacher to see the child’s progress on these skills.
* Learning through animation, sound and touch.
* Bugs do the teaching to add fun and whimsy.
* The “Check Yourself” section tests your child’s learning and shows you the scores.
* Tutorial format guides your child through the activities.
* Games add to the fun.
* Based on the Common Core Standards for 1st Graders.
*Give your child a head start on first grade literacy.
* Correct answers get immediate and consistent praise while wrong answers simply ask them to try again.
*Multi-sensory learning creates a high degree of interactivity through voice, written words and animations.
*Fun bug graphics holds your child’s attention.
* Personalized feedback every step of the way.
Version 1.5 allows users to copy the app to their SD Card.