PictureCast makes sharing your photos with friends, family and colleagues incredibly simple. Whether they are stored on your phone, tablet, Google, Facebook, Reddit or more, PictureCast allows you to show them on your large TV with ease.
Currently, PictureCast supports two view modes:
- Fullscreen Mode: As the name implies, fullscreen mode utilizes all available space to display your photos.
- Stacked Mode: In this mode, your photos appear in a stack, as if you’re throwing your printed photos at your TV screen.
Transitions (only in fullscreen):
- Fade: A simple fade in/out animation to transition between photos.
- Slide: Have a little fun and let your photos slide in and out of view.
- Zoom: Want to mix it up more? Have your photos zoom in and out of view.
Locations you can share from:
- Local: Have a great photo already on your phone/tablet? No problem. Downloaded a fantastic animated GIF of a cat? Share it with ease!
- Google+/Picasa: Do you automatically back up your photos to Google+? Maybe you upload your point and shoot photos to Picasa. Choose an album and share away!
- Facebook: Choose any album from your Facebook profile for immediate view on your TV.
- Reddit: Do you love the pics on /r/funny or do you need a smile from /r/aww? Your favorite subreddit is now only a click away from your TV.
- Note: Support for Instagram, Flickr, Dropbox and more coming soon.
- Slideshow Mode: Did you take 500+ photos on your last vacation and don't want to click through them one by one? We understand. In Slideshow mode, photos can be viewed in order or randomly. You just sit back and enjoy.
- Multi-user Mode: Have a group of friends over who all want to share photos? No problem. PictureCast allows multiple users to connect at once and share photos (really fun in Stacked view!)
- Animated GIF's: Want to see your favorite GIF's from reddit and else where on your big screen? There is no easier way than PictureCast
In-app Purchases explanation:
PictureCast allows for free sharing of your local content in any view mode. Slideshow and Multi-user modes are also available at no cost. To unlock all of the Premium features, we use a one-time In-app purchase. This purchase is good for all devices you own!
android.permission.INTERNET - required for access your online photos
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - required to read your local photos
com.android.vending.BILLING - required for in app purchase
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - required for the Chromecast
android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - required for the Chromecast
android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS - required for loading photos from Google+/Picasa
android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS - required for loading photos from Google+/Picasa
Please note, this application requires a Google Chromecast to function properly.
- 500px support
- UI enhancements (mostly in the navigation drawer)
- bug fixes
18.104.22.168 - hot fix