The ionosphere is the upper part of the atmosphere containing huge numbers of ions and electrons. Depending on the solar activity, an ionization of those parts is taking place. Signals travelling through the ionosphere are influenced depending on ionization or disturbances in the ionosphere, also known as scintillation. The performance of certain applications like GPS / GNSS measurements and phone signals are highly influenced by the ionosphere activity.
The Pivot Field App provides status information on ionosphere activity based on a single station and network approach and presents this in graphical form for your current position. The GNSS satellite availability is presented as well.
- Overview of satellite availability through satellite skyplot
- Overlay maps for Ionosphere Index, Scintillation Index and Total Electron Content (TEC)
- VRS network status information (I95, IRIM, GRIM)
- Rover subscription and session information
- Different access levels; free access provides skyplot and general atmosphere information
Supported languages: English
Required Android version: 4.0 or higher