The application "Planetarium" gives informations about the main celestial objects :
- Planets of our solar system :
- Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
- Stars of the Bright Star Catalogue
- Some Asterisms
The informations are based on the following parameters :
- Position of the observer
- Time and time zone
The displayed informations are as follows :
- Rise, transit and set times
- Civil dawn and dusk (for sun only)
- Azimuth and altitude
- Distance / Sun (for planets) or Earth (for moon)
- Astronomical Phenomena :
- Geocentric conjunction in right ascension
- Superior or inferior conjunction
- Quadrature west or east
- Entry in a new constellation for sun, moon and planets
The application can be added on your screen as a widget and notifications for the Astronomical Phenomana are available.
The available views are as follows :
- Google Maps View (Starting Android 4.0)
- Astronomical Clock
- Day view (altitude of a celestial object during the day)
- Sky view (position in azimuth/altitude of a celestial object and path)
- Sky maps (with Lambert, Hammer and Stereographic projections)
- Solar System map (Heliocentric view of the planetary positions)
- List of Astronomical Phenomena for a month
WARNING : legal notice - Google Analytics
Please note that the "Planetarium" application do not collect personnal data, that the IP address is anonymized and that Google Analytics can be disabled using the Options menu.
Thank you to activate from time to time this option to collect the information necessary for improving the application.
For any question regarding this application, thank you to use e-mail [email protected]
instead of comment.
This application has been developed using the Scala Programming Language.
Keywords : sun, moon, planets, solar system, widget, astronomy, rise, transit, set, conjunction, quadrature, opposition, constellation, ecliptic, astronomical phenomena, scala
New features :
- Navigation Drawer