Platforms Limited is a procedural, minimalistic, zen, madly hard one-button platformer! Uninventing the genre to extirpate its core. An arcade game like in the old times when simplicity, fun and challenge ruled.
This game features a campaign of 12 levels to be completed in succession. For the endless version, check Platforms Unlimited!
--- Comments by the Press----
- Announced on Android Police, Android and Me, DroidGamers and AndroidShock
- SuperGameDroid "it’s addictive yet challenging gameplay make Platforms Unlimited a must play"
- Cult of Mac, 4/5 “What [Platforms Unlimited] is … is addictive.”
- Touch Arcade, 4/5 “An endless supply of constantly evolving environments, coupled with finely tuned jumping, will keep you coming back for a long time”
- iPlayApps.de, “This challenging arcade platformer pulled us into its spell ...”
- Covered at the 148Apps Live Show
- 148Apps 4.5/5 “Platforms Unlimited takes the formula of The Impossible Game and similar titles: geometric shapes thrust into platforming environments filled with adversity. This game’s twist? Procedurally-generated levels. This immense variety serves as the core of an incredibly well-made game.”
- Pocket Gamer 4/5 “Deft controls and smart random level generation lead to one of the freshest endless-runners in some time”
- AppsZoom 3.5/5 “Eat my minimalist shorts, Flappy Bird”
- Minimalistic: Touch the screen to jump, touch longer to jump farther.
- Avoid red enemies.
- Collect all yellow coins in a level to obtain the gold trophy.
- Collect power-ups for gameplay bonuses.
- The difficulty lies in the required jumping precision and the analysis of procedural levels to find a way through.
- The sound effects on landing, which are characterized by the level, help with timing.
This results in a game far from being impossible but very challenging. Once the learning curve passed, sky is the limit! One of the things which make it interesting is the variations of the levels, unlike games like Flappy Birds!
Resolving potential openSSL security issues