Discover, Subscribe, Play Later! Player FM lets you follow topics as well as subscribe to individual shows, and easily save anything you stumble on for later. It syncs across devices, works offline, and syncs with the web app at https://player.fm.
Feature-rich: Tablet, Chromecast and watch support; variable-speed playback; intuitive interface; search over 3 million titles and shownotes; highly configurable. Recently winner of All About Android app arena http://goo.gl/wXjkIW and Android Central's Apps of the Week http://goo.gl/uDzJQW
• Cloud sync on multiple platforms - Like Spotify for podcasts, your settings sync across the cloud, so you won't have to repeat the setup process every time you get a shiny new device. Player FM works great on your phone and tablet, there's a full-featured web app too at https://player.fm. Chromecast is supported and now Android Wear watches too.
• Hundreds of topics - You care about more than just "Tech" or "Entertainment", so we go deep and provide hundreds of curated mix-channels on topics like Android, Game of Thrones, etc. Each combining the latest analysis from the entire podosphere. There's a general Tech channel, but also channels dedicated to Android, Gadgets, Gaming, Programming, Java, many more. Same for Sports, TV, and so on. These are *live* channels with episodes ready to be played immediately or saved for later, and you can subscribe to any show in the channel.
• Quick sync - Player FM's servers receive most shows within minutes of publication. Where a traditional podcatcher requires your phone to constantly check every site for changes, Player FM makes a single call to its server and all updates are retrieved in one go. It's a win for your bandwidth and battery usage.
• Offline - Player FM proactively downloads latest episodes for offline playback. And it knows how to clean up after itself, with old episodes automatically deleted as new ones come in. No more headaches tidying up that pile of unwanted downloads! Episodes you add to your Play Later list will also be auto-downloaded, just like latest subscriptions. Highly configurable-set it to download only on wifi or charging, change limits, etc
• Full catalogue - Browse all episodes in the publisher's feed and browse full shownotes for each. As well as the usual series search, you can search full shownotes for over 2 million playable episodes!
• Episode management - Resume where you left off, mark as played, and browse play history.
• No lock-in - Your subscriptions are always available as OPML, should you wish to move them to another app. OPML import works too so you can bring your subscriptions from iTunes and most other podcasting apps.
• Attractive interface - Podcast apps get a ton of use each day, so we care a lot about look and feel. There's also an interactive widget and pull-down notification.
• Feature-rich - Speed control (even while streaming), sleep timer, mini+full-screen player
• Always free! No ads, minimal permissions, star up to 50 topics, manage up to 20 subscriptions. Gain more subscriptions by inviting friends (http://player.fm/invites). We're trialling a Gold account with unlimited subscriptions and other benefits.
• Actively developed - We're always working to improve the app. We love your feedback and respond quickly to every mail, so get in touch at [email protected]
if you have any questions or suggestions!
"Player FM makes podcasts look cool again"
"Attractive UI...What this new app really brings to the table is the way it presents new content to podcast listeners"
- Android Central
"Searching for new podcasts was a breeze...surprised this app is free."
"Guides you to smart, interesting podcasts based on category, channel, or even specific topics"
Join our Google+ beta community for early access to hot new features! http://goo.gl/gW4zxn
Player FM now integrates with the new Samsung Gear S! Custom notifications will be beamed to your watch according to your Update Alerts setting.
Phones are way more useful when they have power, so this update also optimises your battery life and bandwidth use by limiting 3G/4G activity:
* New setting to control streaming of continuous-play selections (default: only allowed on wi-fi)
* Rearrange widget controls
* Bug fixes