This is an image of a fan that starts rotating when you press the power button. If you press power again, it will stop rotating. It also plays fan sounds, assuming you didn't turn your volume all the way down.
** This app will NOT actually cool you down...I can't believe I had to clarify that. Wind will not blow through your screen. If you think you feel wind coming from your screen, seek medical attention immediately. **
* Some users may hear audio skipping. See below for some explanations. *
Beat the heat (or pretend to) with Pocket Fan, the handheld electric fan simulator. Just press the power button and imagine the cool air hitting your face.
Disclaimer: Android does not currently support blowing air through the device's screen. Any cooling effect you experience while using this app is purely coincidental.
Pocket Fan also works great as a noise generator or sound machine. Let the gentle sound of a fan lull you to sleep. Drown out distractions while studying. Hypnotize yourself by staring into the rotating fan blades. The possibilities are endless!
Note: This app was developed on a phone but later tested to ensure it runs on tablets. Running it on a tablet makes it comically over-sized and more fun.
If you like this app, check out the ad-free version.
** Try disabling any lock screen replacement apps (e.g. Widget Locker) if the fan sound shuts off when your screen turns off. I am currently working on a fix for this issue. **
Reasons for Audio Skipping:
- Certain Motorola phones (especially those with dual-core processors) have a known bug in their Android OS implementation. There is currently no work-around for this.
- Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x) introduced a new audio stack which sometimes causes gaps in looped audio. Not all phones exhibit this behavior with GB.
- ICS may experience audio gaps but I am not sure why.
I am working on a fix for audio skipping which should work for all versions of Android. However, the solution required completely rewriting the audio playback code. Since this is not my full-time job, I do not know when I will finish this solution.
android.permission.INTERNET: Analytics and Ads.
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Analytics and Ads.
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK: To keep fan sound running when screen turns off (enable/disable in Options)
- Minor backend change.
- Fixed crash on xlarge displays like tablets.
- Added Spanish localization.
- Updated Google Analytics, bugsense, mobclix, and AdMob SDKs.