Pocket Raga provides accompaniment music from a tabla, tanpura and a shruti box for Indian-style vocalists, instrumentalists and musicians. Serious students can use this app as a helpful tool for riyaz, or casual singers can use this to practice their rhythm and fine tune their pitch.
All of the music samples were recorded in-studio by professional musicians and are exclusive to this application. Care has been taken to ensure the highest quality audio playback, including non-destructive tempo and pitch shifting.
*** CUSTOMIZE ANYTHING! ***
- Tempo (BPM)
- Pitch (Frequency, Semi tones, cents)
- Taal or Tala (including Teentaal, Dadra, Deepchandi, Ektaal and more)
TANPURA (or Tambura):
- Choose notes for strings (Sa, Re, Ga...)
SRUTI BOX (or surpeti)
- 13 individual reeds / swara
Pocket Raaga is great for anyone with interest in classical Indian, Hindustani, Carnatic, or Bollywood music. The virtual instruments (tamboura and sur peti) can be used in a concert or for riyaaz on your Droid. The tabla can even be used as a metronome for bharatanatyam or kathak!
*** PERMISSIONS ***
- Network communication: For sending user feedback and crash reports to the developers.
- Coarse location: To better understand where the application is being used.
- Phone state: To pause playback when you receive a phone call.
Version 1.22 (1/21/2013)
- Urgent bug fix for tablets
Version 1.20 (1/20/2013)
- Added taal styles (vilambit, madhya, drut)
- Added ability to change tanpura tempo
Version 1.18 (11/22/2012)
- Louder instrument volume
- Fixed the 'no audio' bug (please re-rate if its working for you now!)