PocketGuide, the world’s leading audio city guide application, gives you tours by voice, revealing the best stories, insider hangouts and must-see sights in close to 100 major cities and tourist destinations. The app determines your location and a recording of your personal tour guide describes where you are – you don’t need to touch your phone or read from the screen. All the tours are developed by local experts who know their cities inside-and-out. You can choose from different themed tours, or just wander around the city and let PocketGuide inform you when an interesting site is nearby. The app can also record your trip: With one click you can create an amazing 3D video of the sights you see on your travels.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Africa: Cairo, Cape Town
Asia, Aus: Auckland, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Kyoto, Melbourne, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Wellington
North America: Boston, Chicago, New York, Washington D.C., Daytona Beach, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Salt Lake City, San Fransisco, Toronto, Vancouver
South America: Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro
Europe: Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Bratislava, Brussels, Budapest, Cologne, Cork, Debrecen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Florence, Helsinki, Istanbul, Krakow, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Potsdam, Prague, Rome, Saint Petersburg , Sopron, Split, Stockholm , Szentendre, Venice, Vienna, Waterloo, Zurich
Please note that continuous use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Improved the stability of downloads.
- Bug fixing
- Added Icelandic localization
- Bug fixing
- New map tiles
- Improved online touring
- Improved performance
- Improved user experience
- Bug fixing