The Bridge Technologies PocketProbe contains the same OTT Engine found in the award winning VB1, VB2 and the 10G VB3 series probes and enables confidence validation and analysis of http variable bit-rate streams in your pocket.
The FREE version can validate up to 5 HLS streams in round robin, analyze and alarm on manifest consistency, playback media in the various profile bit-rates and graphically display the actual chunk download patterns and bit-rates.
• Truly unique Overlay mode shows HLS media playback together with real-time stream analysis graph.
• Fully automatic, input URL of stream and the PocketProbe finds all related profiles and validates consistency
• Displays profile programmed and actual bps
• Validates chunk size against download time
• Alarms on manifest oversizing
• Alarms on sequence age disparity and non updates of sequence for live streams
• Graphic display of chunk behavior
In addition to the FREE version, the FULL version contains the ability to validate the following stream types:
Moreover the FULL version can store up to 25 streams with all profiles and supports stream definition import.
Since the PocketProbe uses the exact same metric as the hardware probes, the PocketProbe can be used by service engineers and operational staff to test real world behaviors post-cloud with various operators.
Accurate status of bit-rates used and profile changes is displayed in real time giving instant understanding of provider delivery capability.
Together with hardware probes used pre-cloud, the post-cloud location of the PocketProbe enables excellent correlative understanding of CDN and provider abilities.
The PocketProbe enables objective analysis of real network performance of streaming media in a very simple to use, easy to understand application.