IMPORTANT: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE DIY SKILLS TO MAKE A CUSTOM CABLE, THIS APP IS NOT FOR YOU This App requires a custom DIY cable to function. Please refer to XDA Forums thread for extensive information on how to make one-> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2220108
PodMode lets you connect your Android device to an iPhone/iPod speaker dock or car audio interface.
* No root required.
* Built-in USB drivers for the following USB-to-Serial chips - FTDI FT232, Prolific PL2303x and FTDI FT311D/FT312D
* Supports HC-05 Bluetooth chip
* Plug and Play - the app will launch automatically in one of the 2 remote modes (decided by the accessory) and run in the background.
* Simple Remote Mode:
-- Speaker and Clock radio docks usually work in this mode.
-- You can play and control media in any 3rd party media app that support media buttons.
-- Preference to set the default media app to launch and control.
* Advanced Remote Mode:
-- Car audio interfaces usually work in this mode.
-- Displays currently playing song info on the car audio system's screen.
-- Filter by Playlist/Genre/Artist/Album/Song
-- Notification display - Status bar Notification text(mail/text/Nav turn-by-turn/weather) is displayed on car audio system's track information screen (Album/song name) for 15 seconds. NOTE:You need to enable this feature in the Phone Settings>>Accessibility>>PodMode.
-- Preference to set the default media app.
* Unplug the USB and the app will pause playback and quit.
* Preference to turn screen on - since some devices cannot supply USB host power in screen off/power save mode.
* Preference to change the connection speed for different accessories.
* Compatibility web page ( http://podmode.spadival.me/compatibility.php ) - List of iPhone/iPod accessories and Android devices where this app is working.
* Added 38400 baud connection speed in Settings.