A UNIQUE WAY TO DISCOVER THE PORT OF ANTWERP AT YOUR OWN PACE
The Port of Antwerp, the economic heart of Flanders and Belgium. It boasts the largest container, bulk and ro-ro vessels. They all have a call at the port of Antwerp. The Antwerp chemical cluster flourishes. Goods are constantly being unloaded, loaded, stacked and processed. Steel, fruit, cars, ... they all pass through the port and 60,000 people are part of this process, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
Merely industry you say? Nope, the port is also an ideal setting for cycling, discovering cultural heritage, ships and bird watching, in essence to enjoy.
Want to explore the port and don't know where to start? We’ve got you covered, thanks to the Port of Antwerp app.
The "Port of Antwerp" app features the following:
- An interactive map that shows you the way
- A 'must see' list
- Pre-programmed trips or your own choice of route
- Practical information (such as parking, public transport, opening hours, etc.)
- Fun facts about the port packed in a quiz
- Brand new search functionality, so you can easily find points of interest and routes by typing in their name
- We also added new points of interest and routes throughout the port
- There are new categories that cover these points located in the port
- Labels on pictures to give you additional information when swiping through the gallery on a point of interest
- We improved the use of the route wizard, and easily discover new routes