The Yacht Race Tracker App allows competitors to send GPS tracking data, or spectators to watch the yacht race.
You can also setup your own personal tracking, and share a web link with friends to watch your progress in real time.
• Friends can watch your progress in real time
• Safety - so event organizers can monitor your progress
• Replay the race - evaluate your race strategy!
To view a sample race please go to http://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/race/nzmyc
Please email us at [email protected]
to get your yacht race activated.
There is a free 1 week trial to send GPS tracking data. After the trial period you may choose to purchase the one-time US$3 App for unlimited tracking (in any race) for 3 months. This can be purchased in the App. Viewing the race is Free.
• Opening the App then select your club and race.
• Click on the button “View Tracking”.
• On the map view see the tracks in real-time, or use the time slider to replay the race.
• Use the search box (your friend's boat name) to locate their most recent track update.
• After opening the App, select your yacht club, race, division and enter your name.
• On race day make sure your battery is charged, Turn on Tracking, and take your phone.
• Turn off Wifi and Bluetooth to save battery.
• Reboot phone or close all other apps for optimum battery performance.
• Put phone in a waterproof case
The data usage for the App is approximately 1 MB for a race day.
For more detailed instructions please visit www.predictwind.com/tracker