Designed to give you a comprehensive, if skeletal, understanding of world history in 8 hours of play. Lush animated backgrounds provide context. Challenges allow you to test your knowledge and work toward completion.
In-Depth Description and Instructions
All topics are interlinked, so a question about the Greeks of Antiquity can lead to a question about Greece's nationalist revolution which leads to a question about modern European history and onward. You can also choose to stay within 1 topic for an extended period of time, or take a Challenge to test your knowledge of a topic.
Professor Cramwell’s History intends to do 2 things:
A) Be fun and interesting to use
B) Impart the player with a skeletal but comprehensive understanding of history
After using this app you should be able to order many major events in history both absolutely and with respect to each other. Gaining this knowledge will enable you to place all subsequent reading you do within a mental framework; it should reinforce whatever new knowledge you learn and whatever old knowledge you already have; nothing will stand alone.
The questions are written to give both an absolute knowledge of history (i.e. dates, ordering) and a qualitative understanding, with facts reflecting the zeitgeist of an era.
To read more about the educational philosophy underlying Professor Cramwell's History take a look at the blog (search for the title: "Educational Philosophy Underlying Cramwells History").
How to use Professor Cramwell's History:
Professor Cramwell's History is intuitive, just start it up and begin answering questions. The details of various modes are given below.
1. Start the App by selecting it
2. Accept the EULA (it only comes up once)
3. The Kiibo logo is displayed and the database is prepared
4. Cramwell jumps in from the left and presents you with two options
5. Select Start to begin answering questions or Timeline to select a topic
1. Questions are presented with possible answers displayed on the chalkboard, the topic of the question is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the answer that you think is correct
3. Cramwell’s animation will change indicating correctness or incorrectness
4. All of the answers will fade away except for the correct one giving you a chance to learn
1. Challenges can be selected from the Timeline/Scoring Screen
2. The option to take a challenge is also randomly presented from time to time
3. Select ‘Ok’ and the challenge will begin
4. A count down timer is displayed in which the challenge must be finished
5. A total attempts counter is displayed; if total allowable attempts are exceeded you fail
6. Every question must be answered correctly but multiple attempts per question are allowed
7. If you fail, your stats are reported to you
8. If you succeed the white dot corresponding to the challenge topic is filled in on the Timeline/Topic Selection View
Timeline/Topic Selection View
1. Enter this mode by selecting ‘Timeline’ from the start screen or pressing back from Normal Play
2. Pressing the back button again will go to the start screen
3. Sliding over a topic circle and releasing will select that topic and give you the option to play the challenge from that topic.
3. Sliding over a topic circle and holding your finger on it will display two statistics
A) The running percentage of correct attempts over all attempts
B) The number of questions which you have seen in a topic
4. Topic circles which are filled in indicate completed challenges
Topic Info View
1. Enter this mode by clicking on the question text.
2. A screen will display with a short description of the topic and 3 books relevant to the topic.
3. Clicking on any book will take you to the amazon page for that book
Version 1.3 released, this version has speed fixes for single core phones.