Record and upload your citizen science Project Splatter sightings using this easy to use app.
For further information regarding this Cardiff University wildlife roadkill project, please visit http://projectsplatter.wordpress.com
• Bilingual (API 14 upwards only) - toggle between English and Welsh (Cymraeg)
• Add/Edit/Delete records locally
• Look-up animal image on-line
• Share sightings via Twitter, Facebook, etc.
• Login using Twitter/Facebook account or remain anonymous
• Name/email lookup using device contacts
• Locality determined accurately using GPS with option to manually override
• Notification reminders for pending records
• Slidable detail page to reveal record list
• Once a record has been created, the user will be reminded to upload the record every 24 hours. During this period, the user can edit the record or choose to delete it
• Records marked for upload will be automatically sent once connected to the Internet
• Same Android Holo Theme across all devices
• Disabled screen rotation to allow quick entry while recording on-the-go!
• Ability to move app to external storage
Thanks to Paul Vaughan-Thomas for the Welsh translations.
• Unable to obtain address from the Internet? Assuming you've got good Internet access, keep trying repeatedly. Failing that, please try rebooting your device - I'm not joking! There's a known issue with the Google Maps API used to access the address and a reboot sometimes resolves the issue.
See also the People’s Trust for Endangered Species (PTES) Mammals on Roads app.
V1.3.2 Notification icon size change
V1.3.1 Reduced app size for 14+
V1.2.9 Disable anonymous login
a) Added ability to drop-a-pin on to the map that can be dragged
b) Animal defaults to species unknown if left blank
c) Able to edit location name while retaining GPS coordinates when editing a record
d) Offered to reuse last location if new record created within 30 seconds of the previous
v1.1.0 Bilingual (API 14.0 upwards only)