Record and upload your citizen science Project Splatter sightings using this easy to use app.
For further information regarding this Cardiff University wildlife roadkill project, please visit http://projectsplatter.wordpress.com
• Bilingual (API 14 upwards only) - toggle between English and Welsh (Cymraeg)
• Add/Edit/Delete records locally
• Look-up animal image on-line
• Share sightings via Twitter, Facebook, etc.
• Login using Twitter/Facebook account or remain anonymous
• Name/email lookup using device contacts
• Locality determined accurately using GPS with option to manually override
• Notification reminders for pending records
• Slidable detail page to reveal record list
• Once a record has been created, the user will be reminded to upload the record every 24 hours. During this period, the user can edit the record or choose to delete it
• Records marked for upload will be automatically sent once connected to the Internet
• Same Android Holo Theme across all devices
• Disabled screen rotation to allow quick entry while recording on-the-go!
• Ability to move app to external storage
Thanks to Paul Vaughan-Thomas for the Welsh translations.
• Unable to obtain address from the Internet? Assuming you've got good Internet access, keep trying repeatedly. Failing that, please try rebooting your device - I'm not joking! There's a known issue with the Google Maps API used to access the address and a reboot sometimes resolves the issue.
See also the People’s Trust for Endangered Species (PTES) Mammals on Roads app.
V1.3.3 Trim user name prior uploading
V1.3.2 Notification icon size change
V1.3.1 Reduced app size for 14+
V1.2.9 Disable anonymous login
a) Added ability to drop-a-pin on to the map that can be dragged
b) Animal defaults to species unknown if left blank
c) Able to edit location name while retaining GPS coordinates when editing a record
d) Offered to reuse last location if new record created within 30 seconds of the previous
v1.1.0 Bilingual (API 14.0 upwards only)