News from 06.11.2015: The game now moved from beta to release. There are two versions on Google Play: -lite- and -full- and there is no in-app-purchase anymore. The free lite version has a few maps for free and no campaign while the full version has everything included (all maps, campaign etc.).
Important: If you participated in the closed beta or if purchased any number of maps during the beta, just keep the lite version and it will behave like the full version for you for free (if it doesn’t work for you like this, write an email and I fix it). That is a gift for your support during the beta!
There is a nice starter tutorial made by Janno: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMQZ_omalm4
Important info: If you find bugs or if you want to suggest changes, improvements or whatever you are invitied to join the forum on the website! This will help to make the game more fun!
This is the free lite version of ProjectY. It has a limited number of maps and no singleplayer campaign.
ProjectY is a realtime strategy game with focus on unit tactis and not base building. Goal of the game is to capture the sector with the enemy headquarter. By capturing sectors the player gains the influence on factories producing units.
All maps can be played as single player or split screen multiplayer (very nice on tablets) or network multiplayer (LAN or Internet).
The public beta contains the tutorial and the a few free single-/multiplayer maps. To get the campaign and additional maps, get the full version from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.luminencelabs.ProjectY.gf.
Please submit bug reports if the game crashes!
About required permissions:
- "full network access" and "view network connections": Required by network multiplayer, map downloads
- "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage" and "test access to protected storage": Required for savegames, options, downloadable content
- "read accounts": Required to read your account name which is used as your unique id (encrypted) to store your profile (score, games played, achievements, ...)
- "vibrate": Required for the vibration notification when a player joins a server while the app is in background (so you don't have to wait in game for other players)
- "access wifi state" and "change wifi multicast state" for multiplayer LAN server discovery
moved from beta to release
split the game in lite and full version
-> lite: 4 maps included, no campaign, no split, no hosting
-> full: all maps, campaign, splitscreen, custom servers
closed beta testers and people who purchased any map
during beta have all content free with the lite version
* fix: hq sector flag has normal capture time in campaign