Join the discussion group:
ProSpec - Lite is a basic Real time spectrum analysis tool. It generates a spectrogram on the fly and supports 8kHz and 44.1kHz sampling frequencies.
You can record, playback, save and share the spectrogram for a given time frame. It provides a maximum frequency tracking facility with measurements both in dBFS, (SPL in paid version only).
Other features include:
- Time scale in seconds
- Update speed
- Dynamic range control
- Complete color customisation
- RGB option
- For audio engineers, an invert feature for live events in dark rooms
- Audio tool, allowing you to share, save and listen to the complete audio that has been recorded
- Saving, sharing and exporting the configuration (i.e. analysis settings: window size, dynamic range, FFT length and analysis window)
NOTE: If you are not satisfied or find any issues with ProSpec, please tell me in the discussion group before leaving negative feedback, I may be able to resolve your issue in an update and your input will be invaluable to ProSpec's evolution. Thanks!
home theatre, audio engineer, car audio, linguistics, speech pathology, electronic engineer, tech savvy musicians, engineering and audiologist students
- FFT size fixed to 1024 for 8kHz and 512 for 44.1kHz
- Uses a moving window to calculate the FFT Magnitude spectrum
- Uses Hamming analysis window
- Frame Length fixed to 32ms
- Frame shift fixed to 14ms
- Dynamic range: -1dB to -90dB
- Bandwidth available: 50Hz - 22.05kHz
- Selectable update time from (10-40s)(also depends on frame length)
- JET RGB color scheme (and many many many others)
- Free version has watermarked images when saving or sharing
WORD FROM THE DEVELOPER:
I developed this tool to use personally and I believe it has some use to others in the community. ProSpec also has some major advantages over other real-time spectrogram apps available for free. e.g. time scale (x-axis labels), saving settings and sharing the audio and images, and maximum frequency tracking. These are all features I wanted a single tool to have, unfortunately all others seemed to fall short, hence ProSpec has been developed to accommodate my needs, and hopefully yours.
Tested Devices (Better suited for dual core devices):
Motorola Xoom with Android 4.0.4 (Good)
Samsung Galaxy S III (Quad core, AU release) with Android 4.0.4 (Good)
Sony Xperia with Android 4.0.4 (Good)
Motorola Atrix 2 with Android 2.3.6 (Good, must have sdcard installed)
HTC Desire HD with Android 2.3.5 (A bit slow)
Motorola Atrix with Android 2.3.4 (Good)
HTC Incredible S with Android 2.3.5 (A bit slow)
BUGS AND REPORTS:
Apologies for incompatibilities on devices other than the ones listed above, I have limited resources and don't have access to the thousands of phones and tablets out there. If you find any bugs or issues please take the time to e-mail me ([email protected]
) and include what you were doing at the time the bug occurred.
Like image was synthesised from accumulating sine waves into an audio file.
Fixed a small bug for icecream sandwich devices which allows proper loading of application preferences.
v1.3 - Changes recommended by gdahlman,
* saving images and sharing to Facebook no longer cropped
* Screen shots during run time
* Better file browsing
* Removal of affiliate adds (Not for me)