Proximity Sensor Finder does what it says - it helps you locate the proximity sensor on your Android device. It is a very simple, purpose-built app with no flashy graphics.
Proximity Sensor Finder tells you a few things about your device:
1. Does the device have a proximity sensor?
2. Is an object in close proximity detected?
3. Does this device support actual proximity distances or just "covered" and "uncovered" sensor states?
4. For supported devices, exactly how far away is the object?
5. How long has the sensor been covered?
6. How much power is the proximity sensor consuming?
We developed Proximity Sensor Finder as an internal testing tool but it soon became apparent that there was a need in the market for just such an app, so we decided to ship it and make it free!
Internet and location permissions requested are just for ads, no other data is transmitted or received.
2.1 Minor bug fix for the rare occasion that user preferences get corrupted.
2.0 Covered proximity is now configurable for devices that incorrectly report covered sensor proximity at greater than zero cm. Power consumption is reported if available. Invalid sensor maximum range is handled more smoothly.
1.1 Minor bugfix
1.0 First public release
0.9 Optimized battery usage down to the minimum
0.8 Sensor covered counter added
0.5 Initial sensor integration