At any time operation of hydroelectric power plants can generate discharge and current fluctuations in rivers.
In addition to the information systems (panels, hydro-guides, school conferences, press reports) already implemented by EDF to make the public more aware of such risks, EDF has developed this application designed to:
- geolocalise EDF hydroelectric power plants (dams, power houses, water intakes, information areas) in the Northern Alps,
- identify the location of river sections regulated by Prefectorial By-Laws and receive alerts as to their proximity,
- access localised photos and videos showing water discharge fluctuations in rivers,
- increase understanding of the operation of hydroelectric power plants and the risks incurred by means of the explanations and advice provided
- ensure a direct link to EDF latest news.
- Application size reduced, you can now use the application with or without internet connection
- Access to advanced settings
- General improvement of performances