PyngMe allows your family and friends to easily know where you are...any time...without the necessity of a "Where are you?" text or call.
You can Pyng any of your contacts to check on where they are, and friends and family can Pyng you any time they want to know where you are. You're no longer burdened with sending your location to them like some other apps require.
With permission control settings, choose to automatically allow Pyngs from trusted contacts, so that they can see your live location without you needing to lift a finger. For other contacts, respond with is a simple "Yes" or "No" each time they Pyng you.
TO USE PYNG ME you need to
1) have the app installed on your phone
2) enable Location Services (Settings > Location services > Enable both Wireless Networks and GPS Satellites)
3) add your Pyng contacts within the app. Pyng contacts are people in your phone's address book that also have PyngMe installed. You can invite your phone contacts to install PyngMe if they don't already have it.
WAYS TO USE PYNGME
Family & Friends
- Check on a friend's location
- Family members can easily find each other
- Find a family member's phone for them
- Safer than texting while driving
- A quick way for others to get your ETA
- While you train allow friends to locate you without disturbing you
- Friends can view your live location on race day
- Friends can locate you even when your route changes
WHAT MAKES PYNGME SPECIAL?
• Other apps track your location constantly. This wastes battery and data. PyngMe tracks you only when you approve a Pyng, and only when a contact is actively viewing your location (usually no more than 1 minute).
• With PyngMe, locating someone is quick and easy. It's a simple to use app.
REGISTRATION AND USE
Register with your phone number and pick a user name. We text message you a pin code you use to verify your phone number. From within the app you can then invite your contacts to install the PyngMe app. Once your friends have the app you can connect to them in the PyngMe contacts (click the "add more" button) and begin using PyngMe with your family and friends.
CONTROL YOUR PERMISSIONS
On the Contacts page, set each contact to:
1) "allow" - automatically allow their Pyngs, or
2) "ask" - the app will ask for your permission each time they attempt to Pyng, or
3) "block" - all Pyng attempts from this contact will be blocked
The default setting for each contact is "allow". For highly trusted contacts we suggest the "allow" setting so that they can see your location at any time without you needing to lift a finger. If you want to be completely un-Pyngable for a while, check the "Block Viewing" box in the menu.
PyngMe does not keep your location services running unless a contact is actively Pynging you. When they stop viewing your location, the app automatically stops broadcasting your location. This conserves battery and data usage.
We use one SMS message to send you a registration code. Pynging someone is done via push notifications.
Each Pyng uses a small amount of data if your phone is not on Wifi.
Please submit questions, comments, and feature requests to our Facebook page (Pyng.Me App) or by emailing [email protected]
We'll get back to ya.
Major improvements in Version 2.1:
- Added international support