Quickly transfer any files or folders over any WiFi network through a direct network connection between your computer and your device, by scanning a QR code displayed on your computer screen.
Right-click any files or folders in Windows Explorer or in OSX Finder, select "qrSend" from the Send To submenu and then scan the QR Code with your device and the file will be directly transferred to your phone with no cloud services or proxy storage inbetween.
Download the qrSend Desktop Application for your Windows or OSX machine (.jar file available for Linux) from here: http://attak.us/qr/
1) Download and install qrSend for your operating system
2) You should now be able to right-click any files or folders in Windows Explorer / OSX Finder to start the file transfer process.
3) Start qrSend on your phone and scan the code displayed!
Note: While it has been tested to be working on both personal and public WiFi networks, certain network configurations with firewalls might pose a problem.
- Added wakelock during transfer to improved transfer speeds on some configurations which would throttle the download once the display went to sleep
- Fixed a couple bugs
- Folder structure is now retained on your device. The new desktop client is required for this functionality.
- Replaced the scan menu button with something more sensible (a camera!)
- Improved error handling, error reporting on unhandled errors.
- Changed the WIFI connectivity check