Are you tired of switching between text-reading applications and a dictionary application? If so, QuickDict is dedicated for your need.
Staying OVERLAY on the screen, QuickDict helps you to look up words while you’re reading, browsing, or working on a puzzle without closing your application and switching to dictionary.
QuickDict's target is to provide the quickest way to look up words, so its main purpose is to displaying meaning in raw text. QuickDict is NOT intended to replace dedicated dictionary application having many professional features.
* Nicely overlay on screen and on top of all applications, GUI is customizable.
* Support multiple English Dictionary and Thesaurus, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
- Online Oxford Dictionary
- Online MacMillan Dictionary
- Online Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- VDict.com English-Vietnamese Dictionary
* Support translation with Microsoft Translator service
* Instantly lookup or translate after a word/sentence is copied to clipboard (only for Android 3.0 and above)
* List recent looked-up words
* Almost consume no power when in standby mode (i.e. when not using to lookup/translate)
For translation feature: you should have a subscription to Microsoft Translator for personal use. Refer to Translator → Microsoft Translator → How to get Client ID/Secret. You still can try translating without a subscription, but it will be out soon due to limit of the built-in subscription.
* backup online dictionary for the Offline Dictionary
* export looked up words to Evernote
* update MacMillan/Oxford Dict
* reorganize Settings
* fix bugs