Are these the 8 numbers that could save your life? This new geo-location App makes navigation, addressing, route planning and emergency response fast and easy.
ENHANCED NAVIGATION - The App’s seamless integration with Google Maps™ means you can now tap in local destinations with 8-number shortcuts instead of typing whole street addresses. And with QuickFind Numbers (QFNs), you can now just as easily identify and navigate to off-road positions—something Google Maps can’t do.
SAFER 911 - Google Maps tells you where to go, but it doesn’t tell you where you are. That’s why the App also displays the device’s current coordinates in QFN format instead of just displaying a blue dot. And this unique feature may finally make it just as safe to call 911 from a cell phone as from a land line.
Over 70% of all 911 calls are made from mobile devices. If you’re lost, aren’t near a street address, or can’t speak when you dial 911 from a cell phone, dispatchers may not be able to find you quickly...or at all. The FCC estimates that over 10,000 Americans die every year because wireless calls to 911 can’t always be reliably geo-located, unlike calls from land lines.
The QFN App displays your device’s current coordinates in real time, updating every 10 seconds. Our goal is for every 911 dispatch center in the United States to accept emergency calls with QFN digital location data via voice or SMS, so emergency services can locate you immediately. With QFN-friendly 911, you’ll be able to get the help you need faster, when every second counts. This App is our first step in that journey.
Join the Cell-Safe 911 movement at http://www.QuickFindNumbers.com.
FREE APP FEATURES
The QuickFind Numbers App integrates the QFN geo-location system with Google Maps, giving you:
Fast and easy destination programming with as few as 8 digits
Instant “You Are Here” coordinates in QFN format
Turn-by-Turn voice-guided GPS navigation with Google Maps
• Public transit information for communities throughout the U.S. with Google Maps
• Live traffic conditions and automatic rerouting with Google Maps
And all other Google Maps features.
QuickFind Numbers have almost endless uses in transportation, navigation, GPS, safety, 911 dispatching, emergency response, real estate, geo-caching, hiking, parking and many more. For example, you can use QFNs to:
1. Meet up with friends at large outdoor events
2. Dispatch emergency vehicles, taxis or delivery vehicles
3. Assign temporary addresses in new housing developments under construction
4. Map scenic overlooks, restrooms, campsites or other points of interest on a nature trail
5. Assign addresses in campgrounds, at tailgate events, fairs and festivals
6. Use for crisis mapping to help direct rescuers, supplies and equipment to where they’re needed
7. Direct buyers to non-addressed undeveloped land or lots for sale
8. Return to your season ticket seats in a large stadium or arena
9. Use QuickFind-assisted navigation to drive to a park, then hike to a trailhead
10. Find your way around a large corporate or college campus
911 integration is coming soon. Contact us at http://www.QuickFindNumbers.com to help bring QFNs to your local 911 dispatching system.
What's New in Version 1.3
QuickFind Number is in larger font and in red for improved visibility.