Quiet Modes helps you manage your phone ring with several Quiet (silent) and On-Call modes with:
* Calendar events - any event - single, repeated, Google, Exchange, with overlap
* User keys for calendar event fields (quiet time or period of availability)
* Night time range, sleep (workdays, weekend)
* Daily quiet hours, main daily silent task without calendar (school, working time, lessons)
* Quick temporarily silent mode (cinema, meeting,...).
* WhiteList (=who can rings every time, emergency cases) - part of numbers, names, groups
* BlockList (blacklist, mode dependent)
* Repeated or Missed Calls notification
* Timing Assistant (keeps time on track at meeting)
* Headset mode
* Turn volume up by SMS for short time - sudden situation, emergency, phone finding
* Progressive volume
* Widget - silent volume toggle
* Fully configurable
This app does NOT need permission to access the internet or network.
The main ring control is realized as easy-to-use with Android Calendar clarity - events filtered as a time of silence (do not disturb for meeting, theater) or as a period of loud ring (on-call, duty days). The other option is control by app or system volume buttons or menu.
Basic mode types:
* Quiet Event (silent), On-call (availability) - set time and duration in Android calendars
* Night, Quiet Daily - set time and duration in menu
* Quiet Set, Loud Set, SMS Cmd - starts temporarily by user
* Headset, Notification - other modes
Note that only the volume option 'User Audible' allows the user to set the volume level. The other volume options have preset their levels. So if you want to have old behavior, set the volume option 'User Audible' for that modes.
Some details: (see the Help)
Quiet Event Mode - set quiet ring at a time specified by calendar event. Filter key (default "quiet") can be specified in Description, Title or Location of an event. Ring will be switched to vibrate during this event automatically. The ring will be switched back at event end. Configurable keys and the mode can be paused (early finishing or break). Time overlap before or after. Planned meetings or actions in calendar.
Quiet Set Mode is temporary silent mode set by user manually (quick quiet). Begins by button Quiet Set (add 15 min duration) or SET (shows input dialog for set time). Just slide the notification bar down, click on the QuietModes and use Quiet Set or Set buttons for set the end. Long press Quiet Down for clearing. It can be raised with system volume buttons too. Events you don't have in calendar.
Quiet Daily Mode keeps phone silent during actions repeating weekly and phone calendar isn't used. Can be paused for actual day. Work time, school or quiet weekend.
Night Mode turns ringer silent for sleep time. The phone alarm clock can be used automatically.
On-call Mode set time periods to be ready on call (doctors, specialists). Just set an event in calendar with proper key. This mode shifts other modes - Quiet, QuietSet, QuietDaily and Night with individual settings to be silently notified.
SMS Cmd Mode - turn on the ring remotely by SMS with preset key for 15 min. Useful to call for help (pregnant wife, children, old people) or find lost phone with silent vol.
Loud Set Mode - started as temporary loud mode by user during any of silent modes.
Missed Calls - notification process for missed calls after any silent mode or anytime in Normal Mode.
Repeated Calls - notification of calls repeated during last time. The count and duration are configurable.
Whitelist and Blocklist - some callers are preferred or blocked. Keys for number, group name, person name or a part of them are configurable. Whitelist has preset to VIP and Starred contacts. Combined with current mode.
Important benefits: robust ringer control with many options, On-call, reliability, minimal memory and CPU usage, NONE INTERNET PERMISSIONS.
Keywords: quiet, ring, silent, vibrate, ringer, exchange, calendar, workday, whitelist, blacklist, on-call, do not disturb app
- add: Progress bar on widget
- add: New widget 3x1
- chg: other minor updates
- add: Help info, draft for now
- add: Volume locking
- add: Day in Set Modes
- chg: Better UI handling
- chg: Change menu structure
- chg: Change default settings
- fix: Internal optimization
- fix: SMS Loud Mode
- fix: Exchange Server events
*** Feel free to connect the QuietModes community on Google+ or send a feedback ***