Quran for Android is a free, open source Quran application for Android devices. There are many features under development. Please send us your feedback and feature requests and keep us in your prayers!
Quran for Android provides the following features:
- crystal clear Madani compliant images.
- gapless audio playback
- ayah bookmarking, tagging, and sharing
- over 15 audio recitations are available with highlighting support (tap the screen for to get the audio toolbar).
- night mode
- customizable audio repeat
- translations / tafsir in over 20 different languages, with more coming soon.
*Please Note* - we need phone state permissions so we can stop the audio playback when a phone call comes in (otherwise, it would continue playing). also, we need internet to download data due to the limitation on non-sdcard memory on most android phones.
Because Quran for Android is an open source project, it makes it easy for anyone to contribute and help improve the project. we are also open to hearing your suggestions to make Quran for Android the best Quran application on the market.
- 12 new gapless qaris
- android M support
- use different font for Arabic text in translation
- separate basmallah from first ayah in translation
- added Mufti Taqi English translation
- fix ayah highlighting while playing audio in landscape
- fix settings taking a long time to start
- bugfixes and improvements
- real rtl support on 17+
- update pages in app to fix some of the page's relative size
- fix arabic setting on Android M
- lots of bugfixes and ui improvements