RC Plugs allows you to remote-control all electronic outlets communicating on 433MHz and turns your smartphone or tablet into a universal remote control!
This system is COMPLETELY FREE
and WITHOUT ANY ANNOYING ADS.Note:
By default, the app connects to a demo server so you can have a look at the system. However if you want to use it, you will have to install your own RC Plugs Server.
for detailed installation instructions.Functions:
• Switch single outlets on/off. Up to 160 different outlets can be stored and controlled
• Control groups of outlets
• Add scripts that get executed on the server when groups get triggered (e.g. triggering music)
• Set repeating timers to switch outlets/groups automatically at a specific time and weekday
• Switching on geofences allows you to trigger specific groups e.g. let the lights go on when you come home and go out when you go leave
• The server provides a web-interface to control RC Plugs, update your system, do user management and take a look at logfiles from your browser. So you can access RC Plugs with your iOS devices too!
• RC Plugs can be configured for global access via internet (you'll need a dynamic DNS and port forwarding on your router)
• The app can scan its local (sub)network for available servers to automatically configure itselfRequired hardware:
• A Raspberry Pi + SD-Card and power supply (about 50$)
• A 433MHz-Transmitter (about 3$)
• 443MHz electronic outlets with manual dipcode-switches (about 5$ each)
RC Plugs was originally developed as a bachelor thesis at the University of Ulm in Germany.
The according paper can be found here:
...I got an 'A', by the way ;-)
If you have any problems, questions or improvement proposals, feel free to send me an email at [email protected]
I can help you with your problems and your feedback helps me improving RC Plugs continuously!
- View all plugs at once in 'plugs'-tab
- Demo server added
- Android 6 app permissions added
- Changelog added
- material design
- landscape mode for tablets
- multiple wifi ssid's possible
- timer functionality