This app allows you to remote-control all electronic outlets communicating on 433MHz and turns your smartphone or tablet into a universal remote control!
• Switch single outlets on/off. Up to 160 different outlets can be stored and controlled
• Control groups of outlets
• Add scripts that get executed on the server when groups get triggered (e.g. triggering music)
• Set repeating timers to switch outlets/groups automatically at a specific time and weekday
• Switching on geofences allows you to trigger specific groups e.g. let the lights go on when you come home and go out when you go leave
• The server provides a web-interface to control your home automation system, update your system, do user management and take a look at logfiles from your browser. So you can access the home automation system with your iOS devices too!
• The home automation system can be configured for global access via internet (you'll need a dynamic DNS and port forwarding on your router)
• The app can scan its local (sub)network for available servers to automatically configure itself
• A Raspberry Pi + SD-Card and power supply (about 50$)
• A 433MHz-Transmitter (about 3$)
• 443MHz electronic outlets with manual dipcode-switches (about 5$ each)
To set up the server, copy the extracted folder to your Raspberry Pi and run the installation script.
For more information about the server, take a look at the readme file.
If the link is down, please send me an email, so I can take care of it.
This project was developed as a bachelor thesis at the University of Ulm in Germany.
The according paper can be found here:
...I got an 'A', by the way ;-)
If you have any problems, questions or improvement proposals, feel free to send me an email at [email protected]
I can help you with your problems and your feedback helps me improving the home automation system continuously!
- material design
- landscape mode for tablets
- multiple wifi ssid's possible (separate by ',')
- fixed app crashes
- set local and global port
- timer functionality
- set default systemcode (will be selected at app start)