This app enables parents to manage reading logs of books for kids. Books can be scanned in via the barcode scanner on the phone or entered manually. Book data is retrieved from a public Google API, including a thumbnail image of the book. A parent can store additional data about the book, including:
- date read
- time spent reading in minutes
- who read this: child , parent or "read together"
- comment for storing additional information
Parents can e-mail an HTML report in order to print out the log to submit to the kids' teachers. Multiple logs can be managed simultaneously.
It has been developed on Android 2.3 with a Droid X and compatibility-wise should work on any Android 2.1+ device with a camera. It relies on the zxing Barcode Scanner application to scan books. If you don't have that app, the phone should prompt you to download it the first time you attempt to scan a book. Book information can also be entered manually, in case the scan fails or there is no bar code (should be rare).
You'll need some books to scan. It should be pretty self-explanatory to get started, once the app is launched. You can also:
- long press a book in the log in order to add/edit book data or remove the book
- use the options menu to scan a book, enter book information manually, share the log, switch to a different log, create new logs, edit the name of the selected log or delete a log.
Note: An advert may display after sending the log.
### New in Version 1.2
Menu system upgraded to function with newer devices per the Android standards.
### New in Version 1.1
This version adds some prioritized features, which have been requested by Users. It also adds cleanup for ICS and Jellybean devices and a few bug fixes. Your existing logs will be unharmed by this update.
- Upgraded to latest Android Menu Strategy to better support latest Android OS versions.