The Recording Time Calculator app is intended for Sony customers who own a DHG-HDD250/500 Digital Video Recorder, and wish to schedule manual recordings.
The DHG-HDD250/500 uses the TV Guide On Screen® system, a third-party service provided by the Rovi® Corporation. In 2012 and 2013, the Rovi Corporation will discontinue the broadcast transmission of Guide data from all US locations, and thus, the Guide will no longer be available on the DHG-HDD250/500, and the system time may no longer be accurate. However, it is still possible to schedule manual recordings even without Guide data. Using the Recording Time Calculator app, you can enter the DHG-HDD250/500’s system clock time, and the start/end times of the program you wish to record, and this app will calculate the times to enter into the manual recording menu on the DHG-HDD250/500.
To schedule a manual recording:
• Access the manual recording menu on your DHG-HDD250/500, by pressing the “REC” key on your remote control for 2 seconds.
• Enter the current system time into the Recording Time Calculator.
• Enter the start time and duration of the program you wish to record on the Recording Time Calculator.
• Press the “Calculate Times” button.
• The Recording Time Calculator will use an offset to calculate the values to be entered into the start and end times on the recording menu.
• Enter these values into the DHG-HDD250/500’s recording menu and select the “schedule recording” button.
- Fixed layout issue for extra-large font.